N D T V
The Yamuna, which originates in the Himalayas and winds its way past the Taj Mahal, accounts for more than 70 per cent of New Delhi’s water supply. Yet it is one of the most endangered waterways in India.
It is our effort to bring the cause of the Yamuna back to the mind map of the citizens and the government of the nation and thereby develop a Green Workforce.
The 24 hour relay cleanup on Kudsia Ghat will involve several activities:
- Film screenings of environmental films at the cleanup site.
- Music concerts by bands like Menwhopause, Advaita, Blue Breakfast, Solar Punch
- Visits by important celebrities and eminent environmentalists
- A photo exhibition of pictures on the Yamuna
- Graffiti canvas to express ourselves and speak to the river
- Creating a Monument of Waste- a structure from the waste that is fished out of the banks
Venue: Kudsia Ghat, Yamuna Bank
Dates: 7th and 8th February, 2009
YOUTH FRATERNITY FOUNDATION (REGD.)